This page describes the warranty policy, time period, inclusions and exclusions for our range of modular pools.
Pool Warranty – Sterns Pools
WHITSUNDAY POOL RANGE
The total warranty period for shall be 10 years from the date of purchase, broken up into the following periods:
- Date of purchase to 3 years – full warranty period;
- 3 years and 1 day to 5 years – 70% warranty;
- 5 years and 1 day to 10 years – 40% warranty;
- 10 years and 1 day to 15 years – 10% warranty
PALM COVE AND LINDEMAN POOL RANGES
The total warranty period for the Palm Cove and Lindeman Pool ranges shall be 10 years from the date of purchase, broken up into the following parts: •
- Date of purchase to 3 years – full warranty period;
- 3 years and 1 day to 5 years – 60% warranty;
- 5 years and 1 day to 10 years – 30% warranty.
MISSION BEACH RANGE
The total warranty period for the Mission Beach range shall be 10 years from the date of purchase, broken up into the following parts:
- Date of purchase to 2 years – full warranty period;
- 2 years and 1 day to 5 years – 60% warranty;
- 5 years and 1 day to 8 years – 30% warranty;
- 8 years and 1 day to 10 years – 10% warranty.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY INCLUDES:
After the full warranty period, a further warranty period is provided where all faulty parts will be replaced at a cost to both Stern’s and the purchaser. This cost will be based on the current retail price of the part at the time of the claim.
The percentages quoted reflect the percentage of the costs that Stern’s will cover.
The time of claim is defined as the date the notification in writing is received by Stern’s. This notification must specify the date of purchase, the place of purchase, the defect and the date that the purchaser first became aware of the defect.
- In order for the warranty to be valid, the purchaser must register the product online upon purchasing it at www.sternsgroup.com.au/warranty
- This warranty is for the pool frame only.
- This warranty only applies to an original purchase of a new product from a dealer, agent or retailer.
- This warranty can only be enforced by the original purchaser and is strictly not transferrable.
- This warranty only applies to pools purchased for and used for domestic purposes.
- Stern’s reserves the right to substitute faulty parts with parts of the same or greater value if the parts being replaced are unavailable or obsolete.
- The purchaser must supply proof of purchase in order to make a claim in the warranty period.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY EXCLUDES:
- This warranty does not cover liners, pumps, filters, cleaning equipment, accessory packs or ladders.
- This warranty excludes any defect or injury caused from improper or unreasonable use, abuse, neglect, accidental damage, design alteration, improper service, incorrect installation or site preparation, penetration from vegetation, mishandling during transit, acts of God or any other causes not arising out of defects in materials.
- Stern’s will not be responsible for any related damage, costs or losses caused by faulty parts or arising therefrom.
- Stern’s will not be responsible for damage caused to the pool structure resulting from the failure to drain surface water away from the pool wall.
- The purchaser will be responsible for all shipping and delivery costs, as well as any labour charges or additional costs that may be incurred by Stern’s as the result of removal or replacement of the product under warranty.
- The Tangalooma and Whitsunday pools are suitable for use as a salt water pool or with liquid chlorine. Any damage caused by unbalanced water or chemical misuse is not covered under this warranty.
- The Mission Beach, Lindeman and Palm Cove pools are fresh water pools and can only be used with granular chlorine or tablet chlorine. They are not suitable for use as a salt water pool or use with liquid chlorines. Any damage caused by the use of salt water chlorinators, liquid chlorine, unbalanced water or chemical misuse is not covered under this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover corrosion due to caustic soil conditions, underground water damage, tree roots, nut grass, leaking liner and or gaskets, the pool being left empty or colour change due to normal weathering of the product, including colour change from exposure to ultraviolet sunlight.
The purchaser must regularly inspect the pool, including but not limited to the pool wall, skimmer box and damage arising from rust, and notify Stern’s of any damage to enable early rectification work to be carried out. Stern’s reserves the right to cancel or reduce this warranty should the purchaser not comply with the above obligations.
Liner Warranty – Sterns Pools
- The owner must notify Sterns in writing within 10 days of the date when the failure was first noticed.
- All transportation costs in connection with return, replacement or repair of a liner shall be the obligation of the owner.
- Proof of the date of purchase is required when lodging a claim
- All liners being returned are to be in a clean and dry condition due to health regulations
- If a liner is to be returned within the warranty period, postage, freight and packing is to be pre-paid by the purchaser.
- This warranty is offered to the original purchaser only
- This warranty excludes all other implied or statutory warranties upon which this liner is sold. It is further understood and agreed that Sterns liability shall be limited to this agreement to repair or replace the liner.
If the vinyl liner has been determined to need replacement and not repair it shall be replaced with a new liner should the defect arise within the first 12 months from purchase date.
Should the defect arise after 12 months from purchase date but within 10 years from purchase, then Sterns will replace the liner provided the purchaser pays to Sterns 20% of the retail cost of the replacement liner should the defect occur within the second year from the date of purchase and thereafter an additional 10% of the retail cost of the replacement liner for each subsequent year or part thereof. This warranty is limited as follows:
- Sterns accepts no responsibility for any failure of a liner in relation to the installation of the vinyl liner
- Sterns accepts no responsibility for defects caused by chemicals, mechanical, cutting, fire, abuse, normal wear and tear (including fading), and any act of god.
- Sterns accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by improper pool maintenance
- Sterns shall not be responsible for any cost of water or chemical replacement or for any labour charges incurred in installation of a replacement liner.