Salt water chlorination is a process that uses dissolved salt as a store for the chlorination system. A generator uses electrolysis in the presence of dissolved salt to produce hypochlorous acid and sodium hypochlorite which are the sanitising agents commonly used in swimming pools. As such, a saltwater pool is not actually chlorine-free; it simply utilises a chlorine generator instead of direct addition of chlorine.
The benefits of saltwater pool is the convenience and the constant delivery of pure chlorine-based sanitiser without the chlorine smell or taste in the pool water. For some people that have sensitivities to chlorine, these systems may be less irritant.
Salt water pools are cheaper to run and using a automatic saltwater chlorinator is easy to maintain.
We have a range of saltwater chlorinator options available from different suppliers and manufacturers, see the below information for the pool package inclusions and upgrades or if you are purchasing one for your existing pool you can check out our Atlantis Pool Shop
New Low Salt Option!
NEW – Low Salt Option “Salt & Swim” Chlorinator
Salt & Swim 3C provides complete pool sanitisation by converting ordinary salt into 100% available chlorine. Operating at low flow rates down to 60 lpm allows you to use at energy saving pump speeds.
It offers a more natural approach to sanitisation and will cut the time you spend managing your water chemistry. No more mixing, measuring or messing around with liquid or tablet chlorine. Say goodbye to red eyes, dry skin and chlorine odor.
- DIY installation with no gluing required
- Replaceable salt cell priced comparable to annual cost of chlorine
- Easy to interpret LED control panel
- Super chlorination feature from 1-4 days for emergencies
- Insect proof
- Weekdays or weekends time settings
- 2 year limited warranty (control box)
- Plugs into 120 V, GFCI outlet
- Online DIY AssistantTM – Self Diagonistic features
- Turns off if below 10 degrees to save on minerals
the need for CHLORINE
or OTHER SANITISERS
in swimming pools
AquaFresh™ by Lo-Chlor is a revolutionary Chlorine Free System which is fully automated for domestic swimming pools across Australia.
Using a proprietary 3 part system AquaFresh™ by Lo-Chlor delivers crystal clear, safe, bacteria free water without the use of harsh chemicals such as chlorine or hydrogen peroxide.
AquaFresh™ by Lo-Chlor is fully registered with the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) and is the fastest growing chlorine free alternative in the country.
- Is especially ideal for allergy sufferers, including those who suffer from asthma or skin problems.
- Contains no chlorine, bromine or lithium it is like being in clean fresh water.
- Kind to both humans and the environment, is gentle on skin, hair and clothing and the freshness can provide a sense of total wellbeing.
Pool Owners will not be breathing in chemical fumes using Lo-Chlor AquaFresh™ as may be the case with other sanitising systems.
Normal dosing is once every week, making Lo-Chlor AquaFresh™ both easy and economical to maintain.
Delivery Australia Wide
We provide delivery Australia wide, get a custom quote to your location here. Fill out the quote request form